What Are BCAAs?
A BCAA (branched-chain amino acid) is an amino acid having an aliphatic side-chain with a branch. Among the proteinogenic amino acids, there are three BCAAs: leucine, isoleucine, and valine. Non-proteinogenic BCAAs include 2-aminoisobutyric acid. BCAAs help build and repair muscles. Studies have shown they have the ability to trigger protein synthesis to help with recovery.
What Are The Benefits of Using BCAAs?
- Increase muscle growth - pairing BCAAs with whey protein can increase muscle muscle growth by 50% compared to using BCAAs alone. (Sourche: Healthline)
- Reduces damage caused to muscles during exercise - resulting in a decrease in muscle soreness post workout. BCAAs have been shown to reduce the length of delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)
- Prevent muscle wasting - preventing the breakdown of protein in certain populations
- Enhance weight loss - preventing weight gain by enhancing fat loss
What is Fish Oil?
Fish oil is oil derived from the tissues of oily fish. It contains the omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), precursors of certain eicosanoids that are known to reduce inflammation in the body and improve hypertriglyceridemia.
What Are The Benefits of Using Fish Oil for bodybuilding?
- Fish oil has anti-inflammatory properties that may help reduce muscle soreness and improve
- May improve your work out quality by maintaining muscle strength alongside dieting
- Some studies show that it may air in muscle health as we age
Click here to see what BCAAs products you can get from Lockout Supplements.
Click here to see what Fish Oil products you can get from Lockout Supplements.